Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Be-Lated St. Patrick's Day!



I seem to be running behind this year on my holidays! So, just like Valentine's day, St. Patrick's Day is also late for us this year. I hope by Easter, I can get things together! Today, we are eating our traditional St. Patty's Day meal of Corned Beef. For dessert, I made these tasty brownies! I used a brownie recipe I got from my friend Meghan and a frosting recipe I got from here.



Brownies from Meghan-
3/4 c butter
2 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 c chocolate chips
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in large bowl in microwave. Then add all other ingredients, except for chocolate chips. Mix until smooth. Then stir in 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Pour into a greaed 9x13 pan. Sprikle remainin chocolate chips on top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.


Mint Frosting-
2 c powdered sugar
4 T butter, softened
1 tsp peppermint extract
1 to 2 T milk
green food coloring


Combine all ingredients until smooth. Spread on top of cooled brownies.



Another thing we always eat with our Corned Beef is my father-in-laws mustard sauce. This sauce is great with any meat dish! My husband loves it! And he hates pickles and mustard but, he loves this sauce!


Lin's Mustard Sauce-
Add 1/3 c pickle juice to 2 T mustard. Add 1 heaping cup of mayo. Add more juice if need for desired constistancy.


Enjoy!
~Sarah T.

No comments: