Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shrimp Tacos

I surprised my husband today for Valentine's Day. Yes, I know, I am a week late. But, I have a good excuse! I was sick! Being pregnant and sick is not a good combo. So, I made up for it tonight by making shrimp tacos for my husband. They turned out really well and he loved them!! Here is what I did-







First I made the Pico de Gallo with chopped tomato, onion and flat leaf parsley.
Then, I made a white sauce, just like they serve at Rubio's. I used 1/2 cup plain yogurt and 1/2 cup mayonnaise.
Next, I fried up the shrimp. I made 2 drudges for the shrimp. The dry with flour, corn meal, salt and pepper. The wet with eggs, water and some Tabasco sauce. Drudge the shrimp in the egg mixture, then the flour and fry until golden brown.
Warm some corn tortillas. Put the shrimp in the tortilla, top with the Pico de Gallo, white sauce and shredded cabbage. Serve with lime wedges that can be squeezed on the taco for extra flavor!
Enjoy!


~Sarah T.

2 comments:

gluten free pammy said...

these look as good as mine, I invite you to join my blog and check out my new book!!

Melissa Peterman said...

I always use fish in tacos,but I love shrimp!! Thanks for the reminder!