Friday, September 4, 2009

Brownie Overload

So, I got a chocolate craving on Sunday and this is what I came up with to satisfy it.

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt

Cream together butter, sugar and eggs. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Bake in an 8 x 8 inch pan at 350 for 20 minutes.

Of course I added a few other things to mine. To the batter I added caramel balls that I found in the grocery store here. Here's a picture.

Then after baking them for about 15 minutes I sprinkled Heath bits on top! Then when they were cool I frosted them with chocolate frosting. Here's that recipe.

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate frosting
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
3 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on medium speed to spreading consistency. Add more milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.



No comments: