Saturday, August 22, 2009

No Fuss Cinnamon Rolls


I really like cinnamon rolls but the task of making the dough just always seems so daunting! So, I tried and experiment! I got a loaf of Rhodes Dough and let it thaw. Then, I rolled it out until it was about 1/4 inch thick. I spread butter on the dough and then sprinkeld it with a combination of brown sugar and cinnamon. Rolled the dough up and cut it evenly with floss in to 9 rolls. I put them on a cookie sheet (something I will change next time) and placed them in the oven while it was warming to help them to rise a bit. I baked them for about 7 minutes (you have to watch them so they don't brown to much). When they were done, I poured a simple butter cream frosting over the top. They turned out great!! My family loved them, even my picky eater ate 2! I will for sure be doing this again soon!
Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting from Sarah R.
1/2 c to 1 cup butter, softened
4 c powdered sugar
1/3 c whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream the butter until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy.
* For the cinnamon rolls, I halfed this recipe and made it a little more runny so it was easy to pour over the rolls.
~Sarah T.

No comments: