Monday, April 20, 2009

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie



My husband loves Strawberry Rhubarb pie! I got this recipe form my friend, Danna. My husband loved it and I make it for him every year when it’s Rhubarb season.

2 cups strawberries
2 cups rhubarb
Both cut into ½ inch pieces
1 frozen pie crust (by all means, use homemade if you can make one! That is something I have yet to master!)
1 ½ cups sugar
¼ cup flour
1 TBSP corn starch
¼ tsp salt
1 egg, beaten

Cut up strawberries and rhubarb. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, starch, and salt. Beat egg and add it to fruit, stir. Then add dry ingredients and combine. Pour into pie crust.

Crumble top:
¾ cup flour
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
¾ stick of butter, softened

Combine with pastry mixer and sprinkle over top of pie. Bake pie in a 350˚ oven for 45 minutes.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!
~Sarah T.

No comments: