Wednesday, February 4, 2009

BANANAS... B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

I have been trying to find a good Banana Bread recipe. I found this one from Blog Chef that is really good. I made a few adjustment though and it came out great!! Here is the recipe with my changes:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup applesauce
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 brown bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Add applesauce and bananas and combine. Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, flours and salt. then add buttermilk. pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes* or until toothpick comes out clean.

*My loafs were done after only 45 minutes! But, I have a crazy German oven so, just keep an eye on it!

~Sarah T.

No comments: