Saturday, January 16, 2010

Awesome Alfredo!

No, your eye's have not deceived you! This is a new recipe! The three of us have had pretty busy lives over the last few months! For me, I was in the states for 3 weeks, where I got to see Sarah! But unfortunately, not Angela :( Then, we found out we are expecting baby number 4! So, I have had little desire to eat, let alone cook, over the last few months. But, I am starting to feel much better and actually starting to cook again!


So, here is the new recipe I have for you today. This awesome Alfredo sauce! I got is from my mom's friend, Jolene. Give it a try and you will love it too!


Ingredients:
2 TBSP Olive Oil
2 TBSP butter
2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic
1 TBSP flour
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
8 oz(1 triangle) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp dried basil (or 2 to 4 TBSP fresh, chopped basil leaves)
salt and pepper to taste


Gently saute garlic in oil and butter. Sprinkle in flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic! Stir in cream and milk. Bring to gentle simmer until it begins to thicken. Add cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve over pasta with cooked chicken. And enjoy!!


~Sarah T.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

What a yummy sounding alredo! I've never made it homemade. Thanks for sharing :)