Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oatmeal Pancakes

I have been trying to find fast, healthy, freezable meals. It seems like our evening tend to get a little wild and crazy and leave me scrambling to find something quick for dinner! I found this recipe on My Kitchen Cafe. My kids love pancakes so I knew we had to try it!


Oatmeal Pancake Mix-

3 1/2 c quick rolled oats
3 c whole wheat flour
3 c white flour
3 TBSP sugar
3 TBSP baking powder
1 TBSP salt
1 TBSP baking soda
1 c vegetable oil

*This mix makes 10 cups dry mix!*

Mix all dry ingredients. Slowly add the oil. After the oil is added, with your fingers press the mix together. If it stays in a clump, then it is done. If it is still crumbly, add oil one tablespoon at a time until it is the right consistency. I didn't have to add any extra oil.

I took out 2 cups of the mix to make for breakfast this morning. The rest I put into a Ziploc bag to put in the freezer for later meals.

When ready to make, add 1 cup mix, 1 cup buttermilk and 1 egg. Mix and then cook on griddle until done. You can substitute the buttermilk for 1 cup of a 1/2 and 1/2 combination of plain yogurt and milk. 1 cup mix makes about 6 to 7 pancakes.

~Sarah T

No comments: