Thursday, April 16, 2009

Beans, beans that magical fruit!

I love beans! Just about every kind of bean! Black, Kidney, refried, Pinto, you name it! So, I got this really good recipe from my friend Kirsten for some baked beans. They are very tasty! I just made them tonight! I added some of our leftover ham from Easter and it was so good! So, here is the "Kirsten version" ;) Thanks again Kirsten!!

Brown 1 lb of hamburger
Microwave 1 package of pre-cooked bacon
Chop up 1 small white onion
1 can kidney beans
1 can butter beans
2 cans pork and beans
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c ketchup
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp yellow mustard

Throw all ingredients in to a crock-pot.

Turn crock-pot on high until beans bubble then cook on low until ready to serve.

Super easy and delicious!!

~Sarah T.

No comments: