Saturday, March 7, 2009

Granola

I have been trying to eat better (ha ha ha) and exercise (another ha ha ha). For breakfast on these cold winter days, I enjoy a nice hot bowl of oatmeal. But, in the summer, the last thing I want is a nice hot bowl of anything! So, I decided to make some granola! I love granola, especially for breakfast! I found the recipe on All Recipes and made my own adjustments. Click here to see the original recipe.

Ingredients:

8 cups rolled oats

1 1/2 cups wheat germ

1 1/2 cups oat bran

1 cup chopped almonds

1 cup chopped pecans

1 cup chopped walnuts

1 1/2 tea salt

1/2 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup honey

1 cup canola oil

1 tea cinnamon

1 tea vanilla

2 cups cranberries

Directions:

Combine oats, wheat germ, oat bran, almonds, pecans, walnuts in large bowl. Stir together salt, brown sugar, honey, oil, cinnamon, and vanilla in sauce pan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Then pour over oats mixture to coat. Heat oven to 325 degrees and line to baking sheets with foil. Spread granola evenly over baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then stir and bake for another 7 to 10 minutes until crispy ( it will be crispy once it cools). Let cool and then stir in cranberries. Store in air tight container.

~Sarah T.

No comments: